Welcome to the 680th Metamorphosis Monday!
Not the most exciting Before and After but I am currently in the process of changing out all the air vent covers throughout the upstairs part of my home. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while. My home is almost 40 years old and some of the original vent covers are looking very tired.
I’ve started with these two here in my bedroom. It has always bugged me that the vents pointed downward and not out into the room. Originally, they were angled to the left and to the right along the wall. During a previous visit years ago, an A/C guy helped by bending the vent blades (or whatever they are called) so they weren’t pointing straight at the head of my bed. That was an improvement but it didn’t fix the fact they weren’t pointed out into the room where the heat/air conditioning really needed to blow.
I didn’t think to take a photo of the old vents before I removed them but they looked just like this one in my guest bedroom. It’s hard to see in this photo, but they look a bit dingy in person–not as white as the ceilings. Again, the vents originally pointed to the right and to the left, but the A/C guy changed that for all the upstairs ceiling vents so they would point straight down since that worked better for each of the upstairs rooms.
These are the new vents I’ve been purchasing. Hard to see in a photo, but they look much more open and less restrictive. This photo below is one of the two in my bedroom. I like that it has a one-way direction/flow because I can slant it to blow away from the wall and out into the room. I ended up slanting it a bit more after I took this photo. The blades are slightly curved so that helps direct the airflow, as well.
That makes much more sense than having it blow straight down along the wall and onto my bedside lamps. Really, I feel like they used the wrong style vents in this house when it was first built. They should have always been the style that directed the air out into the room and not to the left and the right along the wall, as they did originally. I just ordered 5 more of these vents for various rooms upstairs. (They are available here: 1-Way Air Vent.)
Once I change out all the vents, I’m going to start working on replacing the intake vents. I’ve already done that with the one in my bedroom, just have a few more to go. They look so much nicer than the old ones! Probably no one will ever notice but me, but I really like how they look. Have you ever replaced any of your old ceiling or floor vents?
Looking forward to all the wonderful Before and Afters linked for this week’s Met Monday!
Pssst: Did you know Between Naps On The Porch is on Instagram? You’ll find me on Instagram here: Between Naps On The Porch.
Like to know when a new blog post is up and available to read? Subscribe for email updates, it’s free and your email will never be shared.
Subscribe for free post updates via email here: Subscribe.
Metamorphosis Monday is a party that’s all about Before and Afters. Please link up your Before and After projects like DIY projects, room makeovers, craft projects even recipes. Any Before and After is great! Please do not link up Table Settings, save those for our Tablescape Thursday party on Thursday.
If you are participating in Met Monday, please link up using the “permalink” to your MM post and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top of your blog, into the “url” box for InLinkz when prompted.
In order to link up, you’ll need to include a link in your MM post back to the party so the other participants will have an opportunity to receive visits from your wonderful blog readers.
*If a post is sponsored or a product was provided at no charge, it will be stated in post. Some links may be affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. *